I'm truly getting better about eating breakfast. I resolved to eat it in January, and though I've missed my fair share of breakfasts in the ensuing five months, I've eaten more than not. Another huge help to my breakfasting quest has been the vegan cookbook Thug Kitchen.* In one of their "Dropping Knowledge" sections the authors reiterate how important breakfast is-- and the fact that those who don't eat it are at a higher risk of heart disease. As they say, anything goes for breakfast (except they say it in much more colorful language)! Breakfast doesn't have to take long or be fancy. Cold leftovers work. So, while some mornings I make myself a cheddar-cheese-scrambled egg with bacon, and I've gotten really into whipping up Thug Kitchen's vegan French toast with coconut-oil fried bananas, some days it's all I can do to heat up a leftover tuna croquette or finish off a large snickerdoodle cookie I purchased the day before. Do cookies count for breakfast? I think the answer is yes.
*not a sponsored post in any way, though I do love Thug Kitchen and highly recommend it. It's great, even for non-vegans like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment