Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Celebration of Life

We'll be washed and buried one day, my girl
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay


I've decided that June needs to be a celebration of life in all of its aspects.

It's amazing how life continues on and on in the wake of everything. I spent a few more days in Williamsburg packing for this month, watching Doctor Who with Mike, and helping out with another day of shooting Oates. The shoot was across the river, so I got two lovely ferry rides, so peaceful across the water with the seagulls following the boat. Zan and I named one Chris Walters. :)

My parents are in Dublin, Ireland right now. They went to identify my uncle's body and to sign the proper paperwork to have him sent back home. Tomorrow I'm flying to Georgia for my uncle's memorial service with the whole family. I felt very despondent about it all last night, but I realized, while writing an e-mail, that a funeral is just a celebration of the life of someone special. So, June will begin with a celebration of Jeffrey Davis Fine.

Then I get home and the next day I have Shea's bachelorette party, where we celebrate Shea and the fact that we are young and that we have such wonderful friends. I will switch out my clothes of mourning for a bright pink dress and probably a lovely pink cocktail, too. And at the end of June is Shea's wedding, where we celebrate love, life, and a future of happiness for Shea and Andrew.

In between times, I want to live in such a way that I will never look back on this June and feel like I wasted the time by wishing for July to come quickly. I want to celebrate the fact that I get to travel, that I get to spend some time in the nation that I adore, and even better, in my favorite city on earth: London, the city where my heart resides even when I am elsewhere. I want to celebrate the sun and the rain, the fact that I'm 22 and healthy, all of my friends. I want to celebrate my wonderful family: Josh, who I just had a fantastic lunch with, my mom and dad, and even Sphinx-cat, with whom I was reunited earlier today. I want to celebrate the freedom of my everydays, to read, to write, to sketch, to work on my foreign languages. To sleep late, even!

I want to celebrate that I have found such happiness with a wonderful guy who always makes me smile, even from afar. I want to celebrate how lucky I am in this life, young and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment