Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

An Update

I'm failing at March blogging apparently.  I've been out of town for the past little-more-than a week.  I'm going out of town again tomorrow afternoon.  And then my computer died.  It has been dying for months now, but I always managed to get it to start one.more.time.  I think that's over.  You can only take out the battery and blow on it like a Super Nintendo cartridge so many times.  So I'm updating on an iPad, which just isn't as practical for blogging purposes.

In brief, I had a great time in Vegas-- though a week in Vegas is a long time.  This week I'm going to visit the one grad school I got into to help me decide if I want to go there, or if I want to formulate a new life plan, or if I want to formulate a temporary plan, then reapply hoping to up the ante on the old life plan.  So.  That's confusing.  And in general the last few days have been full of emotional upheaval about that and thus getting overly emotional about everything and feeling like life might be falling apart because things that seemed so solid seem so fragile sometimes, even if they aren't really. Sometimes they feel that way.

St. Patrick's Day was fun, though.  A few of my friends throw a massive three-day party each year, so Zan and I went (for only a few hours) and had some good beer, corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, sodabread, met some new friends, and met up with some old friends.  Then the two of us went for a walk down DoG Street at night and no one else was out and for a few hours all felt right with the world.

1 comment:

  1. I like the image of blowing on a battery like a Nintendo cartridge. Sorry your computer died. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete