Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

Once July hits, I start to tell people "Christmas is coming!"  Six months away!  I make Zan watch Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July with me, and I generally begin to get a bit excited about the impending cooler months.  Especially October, which is my favorite month.  Christmas is the apex of goodness before the worst months of the year.  But everything building towards Christmas and Christmas Day itself are wonderful.  I mean, Halloween!  Thanksgiving!  And it starts now!  Tonight I decided to drink a holiday cinnamon-vanilla tea, just to get in the mood.

Now, don't get me wrong I love the summer: I love hot hot nights and late night talks on porches, I love sundresses and sandals and sweet tea and strawberry-lemonade, I love swimming pools.  I'm a sunny warm-weather creature; I long for warm weather all through the sad, cold months of January, February, March and even April sometimes.  Seventy-five degrees and sunny is perfection.  But Virginia has a short spring, and Virginia in the summer is not seventy-five and sunny.  It's scorching.  It's humid.  And Florida is too, so I don't even feel like I can wish for Disney World in good conscience-- and when that's the case, you know it's bad.  And with my job, I'm outside in that grossly hot weather everyday.  By an open fire, at that.  So is it any wonder that I'm dreaming of the cooler, clearer, less muggy days of autumn?  Plus, Epcot holds their Food and Wine Festival in September, October, and November, then they start Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties!  Best.

I'm a huge fan of walking down Duke of Gloucester Street with an icy limeade on a hot summer day.  But the thing is, I love walking down Duke of Gloucester Street with a hot apple cider on a crisp day even more.  Christmas is coming!

2 comments:

  1. I've got the perfect solution, Abigail! Take a week off and come to Seattle. 70s and sunny. I promise we can spend the whole week making Christmas presents =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could!!! I really miss you. I had a dream the other night that I was visiting Seattle and had lunch planned with Liz in Capitol Hill, followed by a dinner date with you and Cass at your home. It was a lovely dream, but I woke up before I even got to lunch :(.

      Delete