Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Shenandoah Staycation

This past weekend Zan and I took a "staycation" together.  We haven't gotten to see a lot of each other this summer since our weekends don't coincide, so I took a few days off, and he took a few days off, and we ended up with a lovely four days together.  We had a fancy dinner in Charlottesville the first night at my favorite restaurant, Maya.  The first full day, we drove Skyline Drive, hiked Dark Hollow Falls trail, almost went horseback riding but the trails were too slick to take the horses out, and had lunch at a National Park lodge.  We saw plenty of deer and heard from people on the trail that we just narrowly missed seeing a baby black bear (which might have been good, if Mama Bear was anywhere nearby).  I just loved Shenandoah National Park-- I can't wait to go back.  The next day we visited Bold Rock Cidery in Nellysford, VA, and we picked peaches at a PYO (Pick Your Own) peach orchard.  We admired the views of the mountains.  We visited Charlottesville again and saw Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing with some friends.  We came back to Williamsburg and watched movies and played with our handsome cats and relaxed.  What a perfect mini-break. 














3 comments:

  1. wow, this post is making me miss you both so much! Zan's photos of you are absolutely top-notch; I feel like he captures both your thoughtful ways and your exuberance. =) Big hugs to you both from the other side of the country!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you both, too! We should visit Seattle soon-- I keep having Seattle dreams. I think it's a sign. I love you! Hugs reciprocated!

      Delete
  2. Ah, it's so good to see your face! I am glad you're having such a great summer, an I echo the above comment--Zan really knows how to capture the Essence of Abigail in a photo!

    ReplyDelete