Last Thursday night, Zan's uncle was in town, so Zan's dad got us all Indian food and we had a feast in our apartment. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of it, but we had a wonderful evening. I also got packages of new clothing that I had ordered that day, and I'm super excited about a floral dropwaist dress and dainty Oxford shoes that arrived. I used opening the package as my motivation to complete the introduction to my project.
On Friday, my mom and I got crepes at a little crepe-stand, then ate our crepes as we walked across the bridge into Georgetown. I showed my mom around campus (but I forgot to show her the courtyard, so next time I'll need to remedy that), and we walked around the streets of Georgetown swooning over the adorable townhouses. We stopped at Pizza Paradiso on M Street for their carbonated lemonade and bruschetta. That evening, my parents, Zan and I went to see Eddie Izzard! We had an excellent dinner together beforehand, then spent an evening in stitches over his routine. After the show, Zan headed off to participate in a 48-hour film festival, and I stayed up until the very wee hours working on my project for Approaches to teaching literature.
On Saturday, I woke up early (around 7:00 AM) and worked on my pedagogical framework until about noon. Then, I met my friend Shea for lunch. I again forgot to take pictures, but we had a great time catching up over all the big news in her life! After lunch, I returned home and continued to work on my pedagogical framework for a few more hours, then watched "Frasier" and ate an artichoke with garlic butter. Yum!!! Late that night, my friend Alicia arrived!
Yesterday morning, I again woke early and began to write up my literature review portion of the final. Around 10:30, Alicia and I headed out for a few hours. I got a caramel frappiccino and lemon poundcake, and we made our way across the bridge, again to walk around the winding streets of Georgetown, and I picked up a book from the library. After a couple of hours, we grabbed a quick lunch, and then she headed off for her ten-hour drive up the coast!
I spent the rest of the afternoon writing up my literature review, then put on a few episodes of "Frasier" while I made dinner (cornbread, blue-cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped dates, some pre-made Trader Joe's beef brisket, seasoned cauliflower, yum!). Zan arrived home, triumphant in the 48-hour film fest (that is, they made the film and turned it in on time). We ate dinner, then I finished up the bibliography of additional resources during Game of Thrones.
The best part? My study buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment