Wow. In the past couple of days, my calendar has really filled up. Must mean that it's time to go back to school! I have not one, not two, not three, but FOUR orientation events to attend/organize between now and Tuesday. I have coffee with a former teacher, an interview (!), brunch with a friend, and more. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to have a panic attack about my thesis and (what I perceive as) my woeful state of preparedness. I know once I get into it I'll be fine, but if last semester and this summer were anything to go by, I'm not sure when I will feel into it. On the other hand, the last paper that I wrote for my adviser was one that I really loved-- and loved writing. I just need to latch onto what kinds of questions I want to ask of my subject... and why those questions matter.
But, yesterday I had a mini-EGSA meeting with two other board members, which got me kind of got excited about the semester starting up. It's just nice to see people again. We have such a good cohort, and I can't wait to make memories together as second years. So, between the meeting, planning events for the first week of classes, and Pumpkin Spice Latte suddenly showing up in my Twitter newsfeed, I'm beginning to think maybe I'm ready for this autumn after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment