Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Night Before Halloween

Tonight I completed my Halloween movie list.  I watched The Addams Family.  It's been a fun October of watching movies, and other than once again not getting any actual horror movies watched, I've had some great experiences: a fantastic Halloweentown party, a Practical Magic night with my best friend when I needed it the most, finally watching my favorite childhood film-- Sleepy Hollow-- with Zan (and feeling surprised by how much I still have memorized), pizza and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, introducing Hocus Pocus to my British friend who somehow made it into her 20s without seeing it, whilst eating buttery popcorn and lots of Halloween candy.  Then tonight, a quiet evening alone with homemade chili and The Addams Family.  In movie terms, it's been an excellent October; in friends terms, too, what with Emily's amazing wedding at the beginning of the month, a mid-month visit with Kay, and a party tomorrow evening with my grad cohort.  Also, I never wrote about it here, but I got to meet one of my heroes this month-- M. Lindsay Bierman, the former editor of Southern Living!  We talked for about seven minutes one-on-one, and he was wonderful and gracious.  I got to tell him how much his editor's welcomes meant to me each month for the past couple of years, and that even though his new job sounds awesome, I miss him at SL.  It was really cool.  We even took a selfie together!  So, I guess despite a lot of thesis-related anxiety which I'm actively working to fix, it's been a pretty good October overall.  And I have plans to build a gingerbread haunted house with Zan tomorrow after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment