Today, I sent off 18 new pages of my thesis to my adviser. These have been a hard-earned 18 pages. I really hope they go over well. At least now I can honestly say my heart has been in the work. I'm writing what I see happening in the poems. I feel like it's not quite sophisticated enough, but maybe I'm setting myself unrealistically high standards for this project. It's not "the book" after all. And it's also only the second time I've ever tried to write about poetry, as such. So.
Today, too, I began Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 2, Unit 7. This is the farthest I've ever made it in Rosetta Stone! I restarted the program a couple of days after Christmas, and I've been averaging roughly one unit a week! I've only missed a day or two since New Years Day. I don't always do much each day, but I try to do at least one little lesson per day. It's working much better than my resolution last year to Rosetta for an hour three times a week. Sometimes I don't have an hour together, but if I need a break from writing my thesis, I can take 5 minutes to do a quick lesson (most lessons take between 5-10 minutes). I also like to do a lesson or two while I drink my morning tea and have my breakfast. I really feel like I'm making progress in learning this language. Just a little at a time. Maybe I really will be able to read a children's book by Christmas, 2015!
Right now, I'm relaxing with the SNL 40th Anniversary Show. Happy President's Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment