Williamsburg this past week hasn't been as bad as I feared. Granted classes start tomorrow, so I haven't had to deal with school much yet, but in general life has had mostly good moments. It's as if the past week were a series of tableaus, snapshots thrown on the kitchen table, sifted through, remembered. The week in my mind consists of a series of images.
I've been playing Wii Active nearly everyday with Zan, Annie, Thomas, and Mike. We dance and lunge and inline skate and box and burn calories all while the game says "I like the competition you have going" and "Player 2, step up your game!" We watched Death at a Funeral last night, and the night before that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Death at a Funeral was ten times better, and Alan Tudyk gives a great performance. The whole script felt very British. I love hanging out at the apartment. I ordered Muzzy: Multilingual Edition, so next semester Zan, Annie, and I want to take time everyday for WiiActive and Muzzy.
Sphinx-cat came home, and so I've been spending lots of time with him. He's so excited to have his little multi-colored plush ball again. He keeps bringing it into my room around 6:00 AM and expecting me to play.
There have been lunches at the Cheese Shop, once with my friend Will, then with my friends Elijah and Pretlow, with a little too much wine. There was seeing Leap Year at New Town with my mom and my dad, and going to the townhouse for homemade stew. There was a dinner at Tequila Rose with Mike. There have been mornings of Ellen and tea, or coffee at Aroma's and a walk through CW. I ran into Megan and CJ and Macs yesterday before my dentist appointment (clean teeth!).
Last night there was a trip to Newport News to see Shea for a new episode of iCarly, and to catch up on all the news of Winter Break, before some WiiMario with the crew at the apartment.
I feel like I've actually had things to do. More importantly, I feel like I've actually had friends around. No matter how bleak things seem on the outside, they can be made better simply by spending an hour or so with friends. :)
I updated. So there.
ReplyDelete(there were things I'd never do again but then they always seemed right...)
Eric definitely came home from 24hour staff duty to watch that new episode of iCarly.
ReplyDelete