Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Last First Day of Classes

Yesterday was the last first day of classes for a long while, if not forever. And honestly, it wasn't so bad. No panic attacks, no sinking feelings of dread. Even the syllabus for Comparative Race Relations didn't look as terrible as I had feared. It almost looks, dare I say it, interesting. Trying to print the reading has been a bit of a challenge, as it's in e-book form and angrily unprintable, but the topics seem reasonably alluring and my professor is so nice and enthusiastic.

Plus, I got homemade chocolate chip cookies from Mike M.!

February will be hellishly difficult though, what with two 2-3 page papers due every week, plus whatever I'm assigned for Field School in Material Culture, and my 20 page thesis chunk due March 1st. And March... well, with my oral exams perhaps not better. But I have not forgotten my goals of fun! I WILL WiiActive and Muzzy! I WILL travel and do weekend trips! This is the only time I will ever be this young again! Life is not a dress rehearsal! Sometimes I think I'm guilty of taking everything too seriously, but in the end, what's there to be taken so seriously? We have here and now and I intend not to look back and feel like I wasted this Spring.

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute when you're determined. =) But I think it is very good determination. I, too, periodically get those sudden moment of, "ahh, this is it!" but in the end they're good reminders. Fun is good, and life should be fun at least some of the time. We're lucky that it can be.

    Also, speaking of travel, we need to find masks!

    ReplyDelete