Well, I'm now back in Williamsburg, gearing up for my second AND last semester of graduate school. I am so ready for this to be over. I'm trying to keep a super positive attitude right now, though. I mean, attitude is like, what 80% of any endeavor? So I keep telling myself that this is it! My last four months of school for at least a few years, my last Spring in Williamsburg probably ever, and my last chance to study things that I really want to study-- especially my independent study. So I should really do my best to enjoy the hell out of it!!!
I know it's going to be lots of hard work, but at least this semester there is no Hoffman class, and one of the courses I designed. Then it's just a summer to finish my thesis! Plus, Carter Hailey sent me two wonderful, wonderful Shakespeare books-- one for my independent study and one just for fun. I love him so much! So see, good things.
But still... it's a little difficult to stay positive. Especially right now, since pretty much no one is back from break yet, except me and my roommate. Thank goodness Stephen IS here, though. We watched Ellen together this morning, and tomorrow night we are doing a roommate dinner. I am so incredibly happy that Stephen is my roommate. No idea how I would have survived this year without him around.
So far, I've unpacked my clothes and realized that I have way too many. I should probably sort through them and throw out the things that I will most likely never wear again. I also bought Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" on iTunes and have been listening to it compulsively. It's such an addictive song. I saw Zan for a bit last night to give him his Christmas present, and today I need to run to the grocery store, Target, and perhaps Swem. Yep, this is Williamsburg.
Goals for the semester:
1) Do things I've never done before in Williamsburg, or haven't done very much, such as a wine-tasting at the vineyards and a few days at Busch Gardens.
2) Do everything I love in Williamsburg for a "last" time.
3) Try to take a few weekends away, such as in D.C., VA Beach, or Richmond.
4) Have an hour of fun each day.
5) Enjoy life, come rain or sun.
We should plan a vacation for about halfway through your semester. I have a feeling we might both need it. And it would be so much fun!
ReplyDelete