So last night, I wanted another bottle to go along with my Twilight Zone watching (oh hey, it was even a Tuesday!). Zan and I piled into his car, drove to Harris Teeter, ran to the cider/beer section, and found----- only the Granny Smith, Amber, and Pear varieties. Not deterred, Zan drove us to the Bloom on 199. We ran in and found---- only the Amber variety. WHAT??!! So then we went to Fresh Market (which I mistakenly called Farm World), but it was closed. THREE grocery stores had failed me. In a last ditch effort, we decided to go home the circuitous route via the Bloom on Richmond Road, then to the Farm Fresh. We walked into our second Bloom and found an empty row labeled "Wdchck Lmtd Ed." Clearly, they had once had it. I almost cried. As I stood there mourning the empty row, Zan reached around and handed me a cold bottle of--- Woodchuck Fall Cider!
There were five cold bottles sitting in a row in the "make your own six-pack" section. I got four (I left one for the next person who was on a Quest for Great Fall Cider), and happily returned home to an episode of that ground-breaking, friend-making Sci-Fi show I love, with a cold bottle of autumn goodness in my hand :).
omg it's out now?! :D I was just talking about this. Must go see if it's in stock at Martin's...
ReplyDeleteGood timing on that Tuesday TZTing. We should take some random Tuesday during this year and skip work and have a TZT.
ReplyDeleteHello Abigail- I’m so glad you were able to locate our Limited Release Fall Cider. We put a lot of pride into reflecting the seasons in our Limited Release Ciders and we couldn’t have described the Fall Cider any better than you have above!
ReplyDeleteWhen you have a second, could you please send a quick email to woody@woodchuck.com? I’d like to send you a little something for being such a great fan!
In the future, please feel free to email me when you’re looking for our ciders. As fun as your adventure for the Fall Cider sounds, I’d be happy to make the search a little easier for you next time!
Cheers,
Woody
Sent here from the Woodchuck Cider Facebook page. Great post. Very dynamic. I think I would have had to read through even if it had been 50 pages long. Thanks for a cool morning read.
ReplyDeleteI consider myself a Woodchuck devotee and am also a huge fan of mulled apple cider so I was crazy excited when I found a pack of the limited edition fall cider last year. Sadly I only drank one bottle of the six pack. My taste buds just couldn't get behind all those yummy fall spices with cold hard cider--perhaps I can only appreciate spiced beverages when heated... At least I can look forward to Woodchuck's new limited edition flavor, pumpkin, which should be available any day now (at least here in New England).
ReplyDeleteHey guys! Thanks for visiting my blog and for the comments! Feel free to take a look around at other posts and come back often!
ReplyDelete@Caroline: I know what you mean about hot mulled apple cider, as I do love that, too, but (clearly) I will go to great lengths for the Fall Cider :). It's my favorite of all the varieties, except for perhaps the Pear.
Got my case a few days ago. It's not my favorite Woodchuck flavor but it sure is yummy!!!
ReplyDeletehave to say WOW!!! I just tried it and love the hint of pumpkin spice. Going back to get a case or two so I have it instock for a while.
ReplyDelete