Thursday night I flew back to Virginia and I feel like I'm slipping back into my own skin. The plane landed and I immediately felt happy. Happy. This is what happy feels like. The air is muggy and wonderful. I can wear a sundress from morning 'til midnight. I'm in the same timezone as the majority of my friends. Yesterday morning, my dad and I got beignets for breakfast. After he headed into the office, I walked up to Barnes and Noble and considered buying a jigsaw puzzle. Who is this new, happy, stress-free person that cropped up after landing in Virginia?
Then, last night, after a delicious lemon-drop martini in the city with my parents, I got to see Mike J.!!!! And I got to meet his girlfriend, Kelsey! She's fantastic! And his law school friends! It was just the homecoming I wanted/needed. My favorite part was walking into Pinkberry and Davia's eyes growing wide and her saying, "Mike! You didn't tell us Absi would be here! Oh my God! (she runs to envelope me in a hug) You don't know me but I'm Davia!!!" Mike apparently didn't even tell Kelsey that they were meeting me, so I was just a giant surprise for everyone. It was fun. They are all wonderful people. I hope I get to spend lots more time with them in the future.
Soon, Williamsburg. And a visit with Megan. Ahhh, Virginia. I love this place.
Virginia! So much love for that place. Hope you get a nice long stay.
ReplyDeleteVirginia missed you too! It was so great finally getting to meet you and I am now an official follower of your blog:) Can't wait to read all about your upcoming adventures:)
ReplyDelete