This place is beautiful and I never want to leave. Just before I left, my parents got a home here for their impending retirement (and sold the townhouse)-- and this house is gorgeous. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy having a piano around. And exercise equipment. And such a glorious kitchen. Plus, I've seen the sun every single day since I got here, and I've witnessed a few thunderstorms, too.
The first night I was here, my mom and I got a vanilla coke at Wawa, then I went out to the new DoG Street Pub with Megan, who was also visiting! We had such a great time eating potted crab, cottage pie, and catching up on each others lives. After dinner we got dessert at Retro's, then walked down DoG Street all the way to the capital, discussing our students, our grad programs, the Olympics, China (Megan just got back from there), and all the things WM does so well, even if we didn't appreciate it at the time. I am so glad to have such a wonderful friend as Megan. After I dropped her off at home, my mom and I watched the Irene Adler episode of Sherlock. It's such a brilliant show!!!
The next day my mom and I went to Swem Library where we found my masters
thesis in the stacks! You can look me up on the Swem system and find
my thesis! So cool! We took pictures.
Afterwards I visited Blair, saw Professor Corney briefly, and got another vanilla coke. Then that night-- trivia at the New Leafe with Anna, Kate, Kaitlyn and more! We talked, we laughed, we caught up on the latest in each others lives. And we won! Obviously, with categories like, "Colonial American History" and "Roman Mythology." So fun to see so many people from my masters program again, and I even met some new people!
Then yesterday-- Zan came down! Hooray! We haven't seen each other since July 5th, so it was a lovely reunion. We made 'Spearean Risotto from Trader Joe's, hugged Sphinx (my Virginia cat), and today we're heading to Aroma's and the Cheese Shop! I am so enjoying my time back east.

I just left Williamsburg and already your post makes me IMMEDIATELY want to go back. Cue Jack "We have to go back!":
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWjBDPKGJPk
Vanilla Coke, Swem, DoG Street, Blair, TJ's.....so jealous!
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
ReplyDeleteI miss you already Aibgail! I'm so glad we had that time together.
ReplyDelete