Pages
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
The Farmers Market
I forgot to mention (mostly because I was too lazy to import the pictures until now), but last Saturday there was a special pre-Thanksgiving Farmers Market in Merchant Square. The day was really lovely, bright and sunny and just a bit chilly. We got little sweet potato pastries and leek and provolone tarts. We got homemade raspberry linzer cookies and bacon cheddar biscuits. We looked around the Craft House and ooh-ed and ahh-ed over Christmas ornaments and folk art. I think there is another special market this Saturday, but I will miss it, so this past Saturday may have been my last farmers market of the year... unless they do a special Christmas market.
Photos: The College of William and Mary, DoG Street Pub and Farmer's Market, Cheese Shop and Farmer's Market, The Cider Stand on Duke of Gloucester Street, A View Down Duke of Gloucester Street with Autumn Leaves.
(All photos by me, please do not use without credit back to this blog)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you get some goat cheese from the goat cheese guy? I love that guy.
ReplyDeleteSadly, no, but I came really close to getting his goat's milk ice cream. Next time, next time. Also, just remembered you're the person who got me into goat cheese via The Cheese Shop. Dammit, Mike, you created me!!!
Delete