Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Today I fell asleep in a patch of sunshine

Even though I haven't been writing here much, things have still been moving apace.  This past week Zan came to visit for four days.  We spent time with our cats, industriously working on our grad school applications while they purred on our laps or in a chair nearby.  I submitted my first application on Wednesday!  My goal is to have two more submitted by the end of next week.  Yay, future!  It was so nice having Zan here.  We made 'Spearean risotto, went to Aroma's and La Tolteca, watched The Pirates: Band of Misfits! (adorable) and an episode of Buffy, and went to trivia night at the Leafe with some of my friends from my MA program.  Now that Zan has gone back home, I miss him even more.  I know I will visit him next week, and so we're only apart for less than seven days, but going from living together to long-distance isn't fun.

But you know what is fun?  In between writing personal statements and editing writing samples for applications, I'm learning to do needlepoint!  I already love cross-stitching, but have never had a needlepoint kit before.  It's so fast and easy and beautiful!  And, a new shoe store is opening in Williamsburg tomorrow.  I am perhaps more excited about this than I should be.  I'm also planning on really concentrating on my piano music again.  I'd like to be able to play carols for the holidays without too much effort.  Finally, Felix the cat is currently looking up at me and purring, and I think he's trying to say "Quit typing and pet me instead!" so I think I'll oblige him.  I'll try to post a bit more often now that I'm settling in here!

1 comment:

  1. Aroma's and La Tolteca!? I miss Aroma's so much! Congrats on finishing app #1 and glad you, Zan, and the kitties at least got a little quality time to spend together.

    ReplyDelete