Pages
Monday, January 7, 2013
Undeck the Halls
Now that Twelfth Night has passed it's time to take down the Christmas decorations. Most of them have already gone, and for several nights I've neglected to turn on the candles in the windows, but the tree and some bits and pieces of garland still remain. I thought I would feel a bit more bittersweet about taking the angel from the top of the tree and unwrapping the lights from the staircase bannister, but I actually feel kind of relieved. Outside today was clear and cool. It feels like January now-- a new year, a new start. I'm slipping into the new year happily: I've read and watched movies, made bourbon balls, visited with friends both virtually and in reality. I have a routine of tea and reading and checking on my grad apps and playing with the cats and making to-do lists and getting some things done. And if it's not all done, not caring too very much, not letting it get to me for once in my life, because there's tomorrow, too. I feel really happy. I realized it yesterday morning while making my bed, oddly enough. Right now, for however long it lasts, I'm happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment