Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

A Catch-Up Post and Some News

It's been a big week here!  Two major things have fallen into place.  First of all, I got a job!  I'll be working in Colonial Williamsburg's Foodways division as a seasonal employee.  I'm incredibly excited.  I'll get to wear 18th-century costuming and learn to cook using 18th-century methods.  Real world skills!  It will be hot, hard work, I know, but I'm looking forward to it.  When I interned in Foodways I always returned home from the job feeling happy and fulfilled.  And the other... well, I'll announce the other soon, once everything has been made official.

Briefly, last weekend: I told you I was going to tell you about steroids.  I just finished my round of steroids for the poison ivy rash on my leg (and it's clearing up!), but my oh my did those little pills make me hungry!  In a way, it was fun.  I've never enjoyed my food so much before!  I'm just lucky that my friends understood and thought it was funny, particularly when Mike, Kay, Josh, and I ordered a strawberry-banana bread pudding to share, and I demolished it.  Like, really.  Demolished.  Then Kay and I went to get drinks at Mexicali Blues and I continued to munch on the chips.  I also managed to demolish French toast at brunch with my friend Kristen, and then shortly after that to down a few goat-cheese stuffed meatballs at lunch with my dad.  The best things about DC are all the friends and, last weekend at least, all the wonderful food options!

Now, I'm getting ready to go to my friend Mike M.'s wedding!  I think I may have seriously overpacked for this weekend, but I wanted to be prepared.  That fifth pair of shoes may have been overkill, however...

1 comment:

  1. You and your teaser announcements. You're starting to sound like my blog!

    ReplyDelete