Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy and Hopeful

I just got to spend the past wonderful weekend with Zan!  He had a few days off of work, so came down to visit for the long weekend.  Despite my painful, itchy poison ivy rash which has been slowing me down just a little bit, we got lots done!  We caught up on Doctor Who and Game of Thrones (could Daenerys be more badass?).  He wrote and I started a new painting, which will eventually be a series of three thematically linked pieces.  We went to Nawab and got Rita's shaved ice for dessert, ordered a pizza, made risotto, cooked corn on the cob, had lunch at La Tolteca on Cinco de Mayo, and on Saturday night I made strawberry mini-pies.  Mostly we ate, I guess.  We also decided to take up tennis this summer, and I put in an application for a job that I think I would really love!  I'm excited.

I took an antihistamine one day that totally knocked me out for the whole morning.  So, since I couldn't combat the rash and stay awake at the same time... no bowling or mini-golf, which I'd been looking forward to, but once my contact dermatitis clears up that's on the list.  Along with a Dairy Queen run, because I'm still hopeful the weather will get nicer.  

Then today I got a new car!  It's a deep gray shiny color, a few years newer, and otherwise just the same as my old car.  But I needed a new car after the accident in December.  I've been holding off due to Mercury being in retrograde and all that, but now seemed auspicious and I really needed to trade-in.  Other than being in a bit of itchy pain, I've really enjoyed these past few days.  They've been full and fun, and I feel really happy and hopeful about what the future might hold.

4 comments:

  1. This post made me happy. Celebrating the little things in life....like weekends and having the time to catch up on Who. Mike and I are all caught up now! Miss you Absi:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, too! And I'm loving Memrise-- thank you so much for the suggestion!!!

      Delete
  2. Well, we haven't seen the very latest episode, but we will fix that soon and then we can discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, Daenerys is SOFREAKINGAWESOME. I want another Daenerys-centric episode, already!!

    Have you tried an oatmeal poultice on that poison ivy? Folk wisdom/folk medicine, but one that's stayed around a long time ... maybe it'll help?

    ReplyDelete