Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Whirlwind

There's so much to do and to tell, and for once I don't mean reading and schoolwork!  Well, okay, I don't mean entirely reading and schoolwork.  There's still a lot of reading and schoolwork.   

But!  Now there's a play!  A musical, in fact!  I'm so excited to be a part of the ensemble for the Georgetown Law Center's Gilbert & Sullivan Society production of Cabaret!!!  Plus, my friend Mike J. will be in it!  We haven't been involved with a play together since, I think, Romeo and Juliet in 2006, and that's far, far, too long.  And while I've done tech work on a few plays in the past couple of years, I haven't actually been in a play since 2008!   I'm so excited to be in a production again.  I have a very, very bit role (which I'm going to chalk up to my horrible dancing-- seriously, they asked me to walk across the stage in time to the music, how do you imagine that went?), but it's a role and I think it's going to be an excellent production!  So glad to be involved!

But there's more!  I have an amazingly wonderful cohort.  I really, really love them.  Last night we had "Girl's Night Out" in Georgetown.  We went to a Mexican Restaurant for margaritas and gossip (about boys, obviously), and we discussed classes just a little bit, too.  It's a little intimidating how much socialization I'm doing.  I love it, don't get me wrong, but I'm used to holing up with my reading materials and never seeing the light of day.  Or the dark of night?  So this is new.  In a good way.  Plus, beforehand, I had happy hour drinks with Cara and Amanda-- it's complicated how we all know each other, but suffice it to say, we have lots of mutual friends, but I just met them.

And today, my friend Alicia is meeting me for lunch, I have a make-up class for British 1790s (which is why I spent all yesterday reading, and will spend the rest of this morning reading), a guy in my cohort invited everyone over for homemade pizza (seriously, when I said my cohort was wonderful, I meant it wholeheartedly), and my friend Pete is having a horror movie night at his place to celebrate Friday 13th.  Plus, I think I'm getting dinner with one of my best friends from undergrad tomorrow night.

Look at this happy whirlwind.  

4 comments:

  1. Everything about this entry makes me SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does sound like a happy whirlwind! Glad you are settling in nicely and discovering lots of fun things to do at the same time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so jealous! This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun - and yeah, a completely different world from our program out here, eh? Whirl away, girl! =)

    ReplyDelete