Hello, 2014! I hope everyone had a lovely time ringing in the new year last night. Zan and I kept it low-key. We put on our PJs early and we watched an episode of Parks and Rec. Then we had a really good fettuccine dinner with his parents, watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special, and played a Shakespeare board game. At midnight, we watched the ball drop on television as we popped confetti crackers, kissed, and toasted with champagne. We also wore "Happy New Year" crowns.
The first day of the year has been nice, so far, too. I slept in later than I have in a very long time (9:15 AM!). Even though we had no big New Years brunch, as we've done in past years, Zan's mom still made her very delicious pecan-blueberry French toast casserole, scrambled eggs, and bacon. We toasted the new year again, this time with tea and orange juice. Then we tried to finish up our Shakespeare board game, and Zan and I went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. And really, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! I liked it much better than the first one!
Planning for another low-key night, with dinner by a fire, then perhaps some reading for fun-- I got so many books for Christmas that I'm just itching to dig into. Then tomorrow, I suppose, it will be time to head back to work on actor packets, cleaning, and organizing for the start of classes. Or maybe I'll get a wild hair and go on a roadtrip! One never knows. And that's kind of the fun thing about tomorrow, all our tomorrows. Who knows what they might bring?
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment