Then, yesterday, on the airplane home, things took a turn for the worse/better. My tooth began to hurt. To really, really hurt. The same tooth that has had a root canal when I was 14, and a root canal retreatment procedure when I was 21. It hurt the way it hurt when it abscessed last time. Moaning in pain, I turned to Zan, who (to his lasting shame), basically told me to suck it up, but helpfully rubbed my cheek anyway. Then, after about two minutes of him rubbing my cheek, I heard a loud pop in my ear, my tooth stopped hurting, and (WARNING GROSS IMAGE AHEAD) a bunch of grossness and blood rushed out of my nose. So, after we got home last night, Zan drove me to the ER so I could get started on a round of antibiotics. For a little while after the pop I felt immensely better, but today I feel worse again. My head still feels clogged, I've gone through a whole box of Kleenex, and I don't want to move from the bed. I know I'm getting better and that I need to take it easy to recover, but I'm freaking out about getting all of my work done for next week. Unfortunately, concentration is hard. And I keep telling myself that recovery is ultimately more important than Chaucer. No one can read Chaucer if they perish from a tooth infection. Luckily, Zan has been wonderful and gotten me cereal and soup and tea, and I've gotten to spend the morning in bed with this little guy. Awwww....
(Look at those massive paws!)
Yes, relax and feel better first! A missed reading or two you can recover from, but if you get sicker you could miss weeks of classes and that would be worse.
ReplyDeletewhoa. I've never had an abscessed tooth; that sounds crazy! (Were the people on the plane around you totally freaked out?)
ReplyDelete