Good news! Yesterday in class, my professor moved our paper due date back until May! I feel palpably relieved. As she announced it, I felt the muscles in my shoulders loosen ever so slightly. An almost giddy smile crossed my face. Now, instead of writing blindly just to have written something to turn in, I can take a little more time, research more, restructure, edit, write with a bit of finesse. Ponder word choices. Maybe the paper won't turn out so badly after all!
Plus, I can turn my mind to the next pressing assignment (due this coming Tuesday): my medieval lit paper! Instead of rushing through this one in a day, so as to complete my Tudor paper, I can spend some time on this project over the weekend! I'm planning on writing about "Pearl," but the rest of the idea is still rather amorphous. I spent a few hours in the stacks today, though, and found some really cool books on youth, desire, and death in the middle ages. I'm pumped to get this started!
I received an e-mail today letting me know that summer starts in 24 days-- at least, according to the academic calendar. I just need to push myself for 24 more days (less, really) and then I know I can make it through this program. Since I did not buy any Georgetown swag after Fall Semester, despite a promise to myself that I would, I've decided that as soon as my papers are in for this semester, I will get a hoodie. Maybe a bumper sticker, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment