Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dreary Day

The rain rain rain is coming down down down today, to paraphrase Winnie-the-Pooh.  It's so dark and dreary out that this morning the cats didn't even realize it was time for breakfast, and they slept through until our 7:45 alarm without meowing at us to get up to feed them.  Bliss.  Despite the rain, I got out to the grocery store today because our situation was growing desperate.  Trader Joe's is always fun, too, and it was just the perfect kind of 'procrastinate-y' chore to do during finals weeks.  Plus, snacks!  Now I'm armed with crackers, hummus, goat cheese, dark chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds, the makings for bacon-wrapped dates, and more to help me get through my last two papers!

I turned in my Medieval Lit paper yesterday, and today I'm starting in on my Approaches to Teaching Lit project.  This one is tricky: it's not a paper, exactly, but it is a paper.  And lit reviews.  And finding other articles and explaining how we might use them to teach our chosen text.  And coming up with assignment sequences for teaching our text.  I think I might be making it harder in my head than it actually is, but knowing that may be the case doesn't help me to actually put this project together.  Plus, I have my Tudor Theater paper in the back of my mind, and it needs some serious work.  But, maybe this is the perfect weather for paper-writing and project-finishing.  Other than making me seriously consider a nap, it does induce a deep desire for tea and quiet.  And I certainly don't wish I could go outside and play. 


Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment