Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Library Haul

What to do when your apartment becomes a film studio for your MFA-degree seeking partner?  Escape to your parents house!  At least, that's what I did.  Zan is in the midst of a crazy season of final projects, so to get out of his hair I spent the last weekend in Williamsburg.  Three beautiful days of relaxing walks down DoG Street, dinners at La Tolteca and the pub, and some time spent in The Shoe Attic with Brittany.  But the best part of this particular weekend was going to the library to pick out books to read for fun.  Have I mentioned how much I love the public library?  I love its wide windows, its study carrels, its wall of DVDs and audiobooks, but most of all-- I love the children's section.  I never fail to find amazing reads in the children's section (I also enjoy overhearing children picking out new books and discovering what will probably be a life-long love of reading).  I truly believe that some of the best books in the world are housed in that children's section, so often overlooked by so many adults.  So, on this particular visit, I picked out a nice selection of books to see me through the spring, and perhaps to inspire a little bit of my own writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment