Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Goodbye, Kelly-Cat

Yesterday I took Kelly to the vet to have her put to sleep. It was one of the harder things I've had to do. Kay went with me, which helped tremendously, but having to say good-bye to a cat that I have known and loved since I was six years old was really difficult. She had such beautiful green eyes. She loved being outside, even though she was an indoor cat. Sometimes, if I was lying on the floor, she would come up to me and roll around in my hair. She would paw at my shoes to say hello when I walked in the door. She would curl up on my bed at night and get cranky if I moved and disturbed her. She liked to lay on my lap when I was at the keyboard and sometimes she would help me type e-mails :). She used to play fetch when she was a kitten. She purred more than any other cat that I know of. Her full name was Kelly The Calico Cat Calvert Fine. We called her Kelly-Cat, or Kelly Pretty Kitty, or Kells-Bells most of the time. I will really miss her.

1 comment: