Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Highlights

So, I haven't posted in a long time so I'll give you a run-down of the highlights of the past few weeks, in mostly chronological order.

*Saw Art at VSF with my mom! The show was good, though the actors weren't the best I've ever seen. They weren't bad, but the script had much more potential than they lived up to. We saw God of Carnage in London last year, a play by the same playwright, and the scripts had a similar feel-- both start out innocously and then reveal human nature underneath it all. Except that the God of Carnage actors included Ralph Fiennes, so the acting was a notch better. Still, it was so good to see a play again!

*Got to see Katie Crandol! We got some drinks and talked late into the night. It was so nice to catch up with her. I need to get to Staunton to see her and Callie again soon.

*Quit my job at the Wren! It's over, and I never have to go back. I'm still working at Bella, though, and I've been going to my internship at CW. Although that ends on Wednesday. And I have to return my colonial clothes. :( The internship has been great. Bella lately has been slow. I love it, but slow days suck. Plus, we just got in a lot of new pretty things and I want to buy them all, but I can't due to finances. But if I could... oh, if I could. Sitting there looking at them all day with nothing else pressing to do is divine torture.

*My pre-birthday, birthday, and birthday party! The day before my birthday I saw Mike M. and he gave me Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on DVD and made a great dinner. On my actual birthday I got to hang out with Mike S. and got How I Met Your Mother Season 2 and got to make crabcakes and potato balls and drink wine. 'Twas lovely. Then my birthday party!!!!! Kacey hosted a party at her place and we had drinks and played Apples to Apples during the afternoon. Kacey and Kay and I also made Funfetti Cupcakes to share with the group, though we ate a fair amount of the batter split between the three of us. That night, went to the White Dog for dinner. I had a half-duckling in maple glaze with mashed potatoes. SO TASTY!

*Got a facial at the Spa!

*Watched lots of How I Met Your Mother with Mike S. I am seriously addicted to this show. It might become a problem once I'm supposed to be paper-writing.

*Got to see Dez! He was in Williamsburg, so we got dinner and talked and it was wonderful.

So that's that! The past few weeks in a very short post.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you were worried there wouldn't be anything for you to do or anyone for you to see in Williamsburg. =)

    And I am very sad for your sake that the colonial clothes must be given back. I know how hard that will be for you!

    ReplyDelete