Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Time to Bring Out the Africa

I'm feeling stressed. When this happens, as it so usually does a few days before class, I bring out the movie Out of Africa, put on comfy pants, and make a cup of tea. This may be the night.

I'm trying to straighten things out with keeping the Bella job still, and I really hope that goes smoothly. Then I got my syllabi for some of my classes, and they expect me to read four books a week or so. Literally. My house still needs some pictures put up, my study needs organization, my computer is old and I need to put my external hard drive onto a different computer, except first I need to GET a different computer, I have no groceries, and orientation this morning was boring and pointless.

To top everything off, my cat is dying. I've had her since I was in first grade, and her kidneys are shutting down. My mom called this morning to tell me. The vet said it's a hopeless case. We will be putting her down within the week. I'm driving up on Wednesday to say good-bye to her; hopefully she will still be alive then, but she isn't eating and has no energy at all.

It's Out of Africa night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry! Give me a call if you need anything (or I will call you), I'm here all day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete