Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hello Sphinx!

I has a kitty! Sphinx has come to Williamsburg to live with me and Stephen. Now that Kelly is gone, with the way my parents travel, it seemed cruel to leave him all alone. So today my parents brought him to me! I e-mailed the people I'm leasing from and they said it was fine if I had him live here, even though my lease says no pets-- so yay! So far he hasn't come out from behind a filing cabinet, but I'm sure in a few hours he will start to feel more comfortable, and in a few days he will feel at home.

In other news, graduate school has started in full force. I had my first class on Thursday, and about two books of reading due for it by Tuesday. I had a language exam on Friday and I'm anxiously awaiting my results which could be found out anytime between Monday and two week from Monday. We had a graduate student/faculty picnic Friday evening and I got to meet a lot of great people, and then Saturday morning a group of us went to the Farmer's Market and Aroma's. I bought a sunflower and named her Violet for the irony. There are some really great people in the program and I can't wait until I feel like things are more under control and I can actully get to know them.

But I haven't abandoned my golden friends (one is silver and the other gold). Friday evening I went over to Kacey and Megan's for a small party of watching The Room and playing Twilight the Board Game. It was a really fun time-- I'm so grateful that I have some of my best friends still only a short walk from my home. Plus, good things befell my friends that night as several of them got cast as major roles in the mainstage shows!

Alright, back to the books!

2 comments: