(Alternate Title: Out Like A Lamb)
Outside today is blue and clear and sunny. I want to spend all day outside, reveling in the air, breathing in the day. March is ending at long, long last and the world seems to know it. I am not sure if April can be crueller than March; at least it promises sunny days and an end to classes, if nothing else. One thing I have learned, though, is that life will continue to be unpredictable. Another thing I have learned is that I am tenacious. In A Farewell to Arms Hemingway wrote, "The world breaks us all. Afterward, some are stronger at the broken places." I have felt on the edge of a precipice this month, constantly teetering, scared of falling, and the cold March winds haven't helped. But, I realized that over the past year-- the past years-- I have grown resolute within myself. All the places I have been broken, I have grown stronger. I know who I am, what I want, what I am capable of doing. I'm not stone, though, and the soft rains and warm sun of April are a welcome change from the tumultuous, terrified, battered feelings of March.
I feel as if something is calming, and what was will now be peaceful.
Here, have some music! I think these music videos are beautiful.
I like how even after our conversation earlier, I still got confused when I opened and the formate had changed.
ReplyDelete(The I took a two hour nap and was less confused.)
Fingers crossed for a calmer April-- I think we could both use it!
Now you have two comments. I like how clean and simple your blog is. I am off to read more.
ReplyDeleteWoah- you've gone all professional on us.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jenny! Welcome to my blog!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Mike. I decided it was time for a new look, so I spruced it up a bit. Also, loved the Facebook message in response to the last post :).
Your blog is now a place of calmness and refuge to me.
ReplyDelete