The weather outside is lovely, so I considered going to the Grind to read, but before I start reading either Tobacco Culture or Early Stuart Masques, I should write my paper about Renaissance textual construction, reconstruction, and collaboration. But with the weather so nice, I don't want to. But when I go outside I feel guilty. I considered going for a run, but that would take a lot of time. A lot of time that I'm currently wasting writing a blog post. It's a vicious circle.
Today I have: woken up, burned some mixed CDs and labeled them, walked outside, gone to Blair to pick up some books about Charles James Fox and the Whigs from my mailbox, gone to Wawa for coffee and a donut, watched half an episode of Gilmore Girls, considered going to Target to buy flip-flops and pens, read my friend Pete's blog, paid a bill, and started a word document titled "Texts, Folios, Constructions, and Reconstructions." Maybe next I'll take a shower. Or watch this Youtube video again.
I should really just buckle down and write this paper. There are only three weeks left of school, though (EVER! Unless I go for an MFA or a PhD), and I just... really don't want to. Three weeks is basically nothing, but... how much nicer would it be to go to Swem, check out A Lover's Discourse or The Golden Compass, get a large iced tea at the Grind, find a seat in the shade, and read to my heart's content?
EDIT at 2:01 PM: Paper complete! Hooray! And I bought new pens at Barnes and Noble!
Your link messed up :P It's got an H in it!
ReplyDeletechekhovsgunshow.blogspot.com
Oops! All fixed I think! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Golden Compass is amazing.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Target is always dangerous as a choice of destination for procrastination. You think you're just going to get pens and maybe some crack bars, but then you spend three hours there and come back with five pairs of shoes, two dresses, and a new bedspread.
Dangerous.
Pretty awesome you finished in the year w/o having to take a summer. Let me know what you do!
ReplyDelete