It kicked off on Friday when Zan and I played mini-golf! I have been dying to go mini-golfing, and Friday was sunny and warm, so off we went! We played the Blackbeard's Challenge Course, rather badly, but it was fun. He beat me, 53 to 54, but we were both waaaay over par so it didn't really matter. Also, we both cheated on a few holes, so it's hard to tell who actually won. Zan did get a hole-in-one, though, so I think he must actually be the winner. At any rate, we had a great time and made fun of the little plaques telling us about Blackbeard's life (which would make a hilariously anti-climatic movie) and I can't wait to go again to play the Captain's Course!
Then Saturday was Shea's bridal shower in D.C. I drove up Saturday morning, stopped by home for lunch with my parents, then drove to the party. It was absolutely lovely. Brooke, Shea's maid-of-honor, had put together a veritable buffet of delicious food and drink, we played a 'toilet paper wedding dress' game (Alli, Molly, and my creation won first place!), watched a slideshow of Shea's life up to now, and then Shea opened presents. I forgot to wrap mine... so it was in a Target bag. Whoops! But she loved it anyways. The middle-aged ladies at the party were hilarious-- every time Shea opened cookware or linens they groaned. But finally, when Shea opened her present from Margaux (who is in France) they were super excited! Margaux, of course, sent lingerie. I'm saving that gift for the bachelorette party, but the women couldn't stop going on about how Margaux had spiced up the party from an ocean away! One of them even said, "Without Margaux, this party would have been D-U-L-L DULL!" So funny.

After the party, Shea, Alli, and I went back to my house. I was so excited to see Alli-- I literally haven't seen her since I got on the train to leave Bath for the last time. We had so much to catch up on. We got dressed up, ascertained that we indeed had Bailey's and champagne for later that night, then we decided to go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. NO JOKE: our waiter's name was Rufio!!! RU-FI-O! I had so much trouble not saying that every time he came by the table. Anyways, we had a lovely meal, then stopped by Giant for some magazines and Snicker's bars, and made our way back to my house. We then spent the evening drinking the aforementioned liquor, eating Snicker's, reading our magazines, and watching Knocked Up. Perfect. Young love!
The next morning, Kay came over and made us strawberry pancakes! They were fantastic!!! And I loved getting to see Kay, if only for a very short while. I drove back here later that morning, spent the afternoon doing some laundry and cleaning my room, had dinner with Kacey, then saw SITD's The Tempest with Zan!
Overall, a wonderful weekend spent with some wonderful people!
I like our little mini-moments of "OMG I can see you for 1.5 hours must drop everything!!" It's happy. =)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete