First, to wrap up October. For Halloween I dressed up as a dinosaur. They don't sell adult dinosaur costumes (probably dinosaurs aren't 'sexy' enough for most 20-somethings), so I bought a child's large costume and altered it into a dinosaur jacket, dino leg warmers, and dino mitts. I also added foam claws to the hands and feet.



For the Halloween party we went to on Saturday night Zan was a paleontologist.

But then on Halloween itself he had a shoot for CW in which he played a wounded Union soldier with a really gory bullet wound in the face.


Here's a pretty October picture to distract you from the blood and gore.

Halloween festivities this year were fun, too: Last Thursday night, Zan and I went to Megan Castle's annual
Halloweentown party, which I have to say has been my favorite part of the past three Halloweens. Again, Megan made wonderful food, some great people showed up, and the cares of the month washed away in a cheesy Disney Channel Original Movie. Then on Saturday I briefly attended the first party I've been to in months to see everyone's costumes-- most were awesome! I love seeing what people come up with each year. Actual Halloween I set out a bowl of candy for Trick-or-Treaters (though the bowl was still very full when I returned home) and I watched a terrible movie called
Troll 2 with people at the apartment.
Other October things have gone well, too: on Saturday evening I went to the premiere of two new plays by my new friend, Tori. They were so good; I was really impressed by how thoughtful and well-crafted they were, especially the second of the two called
Gossip Well Told. Keep an eye out for these plays-- they are amazing.
And I have 17 full pages of the first draft of my thesis, and know where I'm going with the rest of this chapter. It's been lots of work, but I'm finding myself slightly obsessed with it. When I'm not writing it, I'm thinking of writing it. I even wanted to skip the Halloween party to read up on how Douglass solicited subscriptions for his theatre buildings. See? Obsessed. (I hope it lasts)
But now it's November, and for the first time possibly ever, I'm so excited. Instead of seeing November as a long dull month with nothing in it, I see it as brimming with excitement in the weeks and months ahead. This morning the air had a tinge of winter in it, and the promise of fulfillment in my studies, holidays with family, good food, Thanksgiving fun, Christmas movies, and a joyful spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment