Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Discovery and a Holiday Party

I have discovered Harbour Coffee. I know it's been here in Williamsburg for a good long while now, but somehow I always manage to skip on past it in favor of Aroma's or the Daily Grind. Yesterday, though, my friend Megan and I decided to try somewhere new. She's back in town for Christmas (yay!) and neither of us wanted to face the hordes of people inundating Aroma's these days, and since campus hosted their Yule Log ceremony last night the Daily Grind seemed out, too. So we decided to try Harbour. I must say, I am delighted. I got a hot chocolate, and-- next to the Caffe Nero hot chocolate-- it might be the best I've had. Besides being rich and chocolately, I swear I could taste marshmallows in there. Will return for more... maybe even later today. Yum.

After a wonderful long time spent with Megan over hot chocolate and then in the cushy chairs at Barnes and Noble, I headed over to Anna's Holiday Party. Oh. My. Goodness. She had gone all out with the food-- FANTASTIC spanakopita, Swedish meatballs, crab cakes, and bacon-wrapped scallops. And it was so nice to see everyone. With our busy schedules and the fact that most of us don't have class anymore, I rarely see the other history graduate students. But Ben and Fio showed up, which made me so happy, and Lindsay, who I haven't seen in forever, and I even got to spend a lot of time talking to Karim about, well, my thesis, but she seemed so into it! I don't think I've ever enjoyed a history-student party more. Especially the bacon-wrapped scallops.

Then, Zan, Mike, and I started watching the new Doctor. So far... I like him. I love his companion, Amy, and she makes me want red hair so much (red hair has always been a secret dream of mine, since I first started idolizing Elizabeth I when I was 10). But he's... different from Tennant, but still very lovable. And still bad-ass. A madman with a box, if you will. Different but good. Maybe it portends how next year will end up.

Back to the thesising-- I got four more pages written last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment