Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

For We Need a Little Christmas

I have a fireplace with a mantle this year. Clearly, it begged for stockings.

And so it was that last night, after watching a good chunk of The Santa Clause-- because who doesn't love Bernard?-- I found myself in Target buying stocking hangers, lighted garland, and gift tags. Last night also found me in the storage closet of my house, dragging out the Santa plate, the Santa fireplace screen, the (Christmas)tree hugging bear, and some tinsel garland. And the stockings, of course. The place is beginning to look quite festive, if I do say so myself. Zan and I topped everything off with a bowl of stove-popped popcorn and the first half of the movie Little Women, which he had never seen (and still doesn't know the end of, so no spoilers please). Yes, it's girly, but I pointed out that at least now he gets the reference in the Forest Temple in Zelda: Ocarina of Time-- the four Po sisters names are Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. Yes, I brought that up because unless you got the joke in the first place that detail is probably something unmemorable. I'm such a nerd.

On another note, tomorrow is my grandpa's 90th birthday!!! Happy birthday, Dzadek!

Today: Christmas shopping/gift-making. Then thesis.

(Photo found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment