Despite the busy schedule, this afternoon my mom and I found some free time. We headed to Hotel del Coronado, known as "The Del", to see where they filmed the movie Some Like It Hot starring Marilyn Monroe. The hotel is gorgeous-- Disney modeled their resort The Grand Floridian off of it-- and it has red roofs and white Victorian accents. Built in 1888, it looks like that pristine turn-of-the-century beach resort found only in daydreams. Oh, and wouldn't it have been fun to visit in the Roaring '20s, with Hollywood parties and bootlegged gin? It has large porches, rich interiors, and my favorite part!, a pool bar overlooking the Pacific Ocean. My mom and I got a sandwich and chili cheese fries and sat out in the sun. I'm not sure if I've been so happy since summer-- sitting out in the warmth of the sun with the ocean in front of me and a salt breeze. I could've sat there all day and never wanted for a thing.


(Photos found here and here)
So beautiful! It would be VERY easy to spend a day in the sun there!
ReplyDelete1. I am so jealous of your weather out there.
ReplyDelete2. That is such an awesome movie.
3. I want to see pictures of the dress!