The best part of the day, after the two-hour delayed plane ride and the airporter getting stuck in San Francisco traffic was getting to Sophia's Thai Restaurant with Megan, kicking off my shoes, and enjoying some of the best Thai food I've ever had in a beautiful room seated on cushions on the floor. Afterward, we headed to the attached bar for Lychee Coolers, meeting one of her best grad school friends, and lots of talk.
Spending the weekend in Davis with Megan was incredibly fun. I had missed her so much. We always have so much fun together, talking and laughing almost non-stop. The weather was a little rainy, but that didn't phase us! Friday morning we headed to Crepeville for amazing crepes-- I had the apple and cheddar crepe with Mexican hot chocolate (the first day), and we tried their famous-to-me strawberry chocolate chip muffins. Oh. My. Goodness. Megan was not lying-- these are the most fantastic muffins I have ever had in my entire life. We walked around campus and the arboretum, I saw the buildings where Megan spends most of her life, and then we spent the afternoon inside eating crackers and brie, drinking champagne, and watching Downton Abbey. For those of you haven't seen it, check it out immediately. It's streaming on Netflix. That night we headed out to Burgers and Brew for an avacado cheeseburger and curly fries, then back to Sophia's for Lychee Coolers. They were so amazing.
Saturday we went back to Crepeville (this time I got a Hawaiian crepe) and then saw the Farmer's Market, the U.S. Bicycle Hall of Fame, saw a few Egg Heads on campus (abstract art), were silly and read our old high school blogs and laughed at ourselves, skyped with Kacey, watched more Downton Abbey and then, in the evening the sun came out. I had thought Davis pretty before, but in the sun it's absolutely gorgeous! We walked through the now sunny arboretum filled with ducks to In N Out Burger for dinner-- my first In N Out experience, and I was very pleased. Yum. Once home, we went to bed fairly early so I could get up before the sun to get to the airport to make my flight home.
As usual, talking to Megan (and now actually seeing where she lives and how wonderful it is!) made me super excited for my own West Coast move. Such a fantastic weekend!!!
Your prose reads like a Redwall novel. (Yay, food)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely agree with Mike. Delicious, delicious agreement. I may have to go bake something now.
ReplyDelete