Autumn is most definitely in the air. Even in Williamsburg the leaves had a distinctly yellow and red tint to them, and in Seattle it already feels like fall with cool, crisp air and blue skies (for now). So, yes. Back in Seattle. Zan and I were thrilled to return to our beloved cats Rhett and Felix, who seem to have gotten if anything fatter and more good-natured. Our apartment was kept in lovely condition by our wonderful neighbors, and for now the weather is holding steady at partly cloudy and high 70s. We even got to the 80s yesterday, though the evenings are deliciously cool.
But summer has definitely ended. Pumpkin ales fill the grocery stores,
Peets and Starbucks are offering pumpkin lattes, and I'm thinking its
almost time for apple cider, hay bale mazes, and candy corn. I
absolutely adore autumn. Could there possible be a greater time of
year? (Besides Christmas.)
(Cannot find source, if it's yours let me know!)
(Photo mine; taken October 2010 in Colonial Williamsburg)
I completely agree with you about both autumn and Christmas. It's been raining here for the past couple of days, so we'll see what season we're left with when it clears up.
ReplyDeleteI'm so ready for some lovely brisk fall transition weather... I just want it to stay that way and not turn icky wet and cold!
ReplyDelete