Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

An October Pumpkin Pie


I have begun to check off my October Bucket List Items.  Or, well, I've tackled ONE item: "Make a cream-cheese pumpkin pie."  But that's one very important item, right?! 

A few weeks ago I attempted a Harry Potter-style pumpkin pasty recipe.  While mine tasted quite good and made a wonderfully unhealthy breakfast food, they kind of looked like one of those pictures on a Pinterest fail meme.  Let's a take a look, shall we?

(Oh noooo!!!  Compare to the beautiful ones linked above!)

Anyway, after making that recipe, I ended up having a lot of extra pumpkin that needed using up, so I decided to attempt my first ever pumpkin pie!  After looking through several recipes, I decided to riff on this one.  I used nearly all of a can of pumpkin (minus about 1/4th cup), probably 7 oz of cream cheese, and only two eggs instead of three.  I liberally added in spices (especially the cinnamon, and I added allspice), but moderated the sugar, putting in slightly less than the recipe recommends.  I also decided that for a fun visual Halloween-esque twist (black and orange!), and a nice flavor combination, I'd use a store-bought Oreo crust.  I ended up having to bake for about an hour instead of the recommended forty-minutes, but it turned out beautifully!



This one both tastes amazing AND looks amazing!  One bucket list item down, eleven to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment