Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

October Bucket List

We're nearly a week into October, my favorite month, and I've barely gotten to enjoy it.  The pace at school and at rehearsal has amped up, so I find myself justifying not doing things that I might otherwise want to do this month.  So, I'm making myself an October bucket list and I am going to try my best to do all of these things.  Note: most of these are movies to watch or food to prepare.

1) Watch Hocus Pocus.
2) Throw my annual Halloweentown party.
3) Make apple-onion soup with cheese puff.
4) Watch Practical Magic.
5) Make a cream-cheese pumpkin pie.
6) Watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
7) Make chicken chili and apple-cheddar hand-pies.
8) Watch at least one horror movie, even though normally I wouldn't.
9) Get a pumpkin latte from a coffee shop.
10) Dress up in some kind of costume for Halloween.
11) Watch Disney's The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.
12) Visit a pumpkin patch and make a Jack-O-Lantern!

I think all of this is essential and manageable.  I'd also like to make it down to Williamsburg-- there's no prettier month than October in Williamsburg-- for hot apple cider on DoG Street, and I'd like to visit Busch Gardens for Howl-O-Scream, or go through a hay-bale maze somewhere... but I don't think I'll have time this year, what with rehearsals and, you know, papers and midterm projects.  Nevertheless, I try not to forget that October comes but once a year, so I have to make the most of it now!  Luckily, some of these things are still good come November... :)

3 comments:

  1. I love how "watch some awesome Halloween-ish movie" is almost every other item on the list. Apple onion soup sounds amazing, and I too must make an apple cheddar handpie. Your list makes me feel like I'm not taking advantage of my favorite month either! (And it's definitely my fav, this is why Wes and I got married in Oct!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW YEAAHHH HALOWEENTOWN PARTY!!!

    It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm copying your bucket list so you should just let me tag along for....like...everything. :-)

    ReplyDelete