Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Bucket List Update

Sadly, I didn't make it through my entire bucket list, but luckily some of the things I missed can still be done equally well in November!  Still, given the conference, the midterm projects and papers, and the incredibly large time commitment of Cabaret, I think I did pretty well!

I managed to make a cream-cheese pumpkin pie (5), watch Practical Magic (4), drink a pumpkin latte (9), throw my annual Halloweentown party (2), watch The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (11), and watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (6).  Last night, although after Halloween, I watched Hocus Pocus (1) because I simply couldn't NOT watch it.  So, I completed seven of my twelve bucket list items.  I am a little sad about not managing to get a good costume together (Zan and I wanted to go as Parks and Rec's characters April and Andy's alteregos Brent Macklin and Janet Snakehole) and not getting to greet trick-or-treaters.  I'm also a bit bummed out about not making it to a pumpkin patch to pick out my pumpkin and not getting to carve a jack-o-lantern.  But, at least I got to have the Halloweentown party, and most of the food on the list will be made in November and will taste even better with the colder weather moving in this month. 

Plus, I got to drink about five thousand vanilla chai lattes from Coffee on the Corner during the Blackfriars Conference, and ain't nobody can argue with that.

(Look out soon for a blog post dedicated to my experience at the Blackfriars Conference!  I presented a paper and got to meet some real Shakespearean superstars!  And soon I'll have a blog post dedicated to Cabaret, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment