Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Joy Jar

I saw a thing recently (I think from Elizabeth Gilbert's Facebook page?) that advocated starting something called a "Joy Jar."  At the end of each day, you write on a slip of paper the date and the best thing that happened to you that day.  I suppose multiple 'happenings' could be written per day, if you can't choose a best.  Then you put the slips into a jar, and on especially bad days you can pull them out and read them.  But even on bad days you have to write something good, even if it's not something you would usually highlight.  Sort of a 'light in the darkness' kind of thing.  I'm thinking of starting one.

Today's might say, "I kept dropping brie and pepper jelly, which sounds like a really bad thing, but it ended up being a really funny thing, and Kay and Zan laughed at me a lot" or "I'm wearing my new cotton dress with shooting stars on it to try to get into a thesis-y mood."

No comments:

Post a Comment