Pages
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Progress
I have three pages written of this chapter. It doesn't sound like much, but it feels amazing. After spending twelve hours on Wednesday attempting to write and accomplishing nothing, these three pages are a breakthrough. The first paragraph feels perfect. The second paragraph feels solid. I needed those. More than that-- I have an outline. An outline! True, it's not what some people might call a 'detailed' outline full of quotes and topic sentences, but it's my roadmap, I drew it, and I plan to follow where it leads. I may make a few side-trips, though, or take a scenic route here and there. The best part? I'm wearing my new thesis dress. I wrote about my other thesis dress-- the one covered in stars that goes with my discussion of astronomy, but this one is my air-balloon covered dress. I didn't think I would find one, but then I did! It's perfect. When I start to feel overwhelmed, or uninspired, all I have to do is look at the fabric of my dress to remember why what I'm doing is actually really cool. I have a feeling I won't be wearing much else besides these two dresses for the next couple of months. Thank goodness for my new laundry machine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment