Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On the Fringe

This past weekend I drove up to D.C. to see my friend Mike's new show in the Fringe Festival. He wrote a musical called The Fall of the House of Usher, and it stars two of my friends. The show was great, though the building its in was... atmospheric. For a musical about a falling house it couldn't have gotten any better-- I'm pretty sure the building was condemned. But overall, I thought the entire thing went really well. You could tell that everyone had put a lot of work into the piece, and some of the acting was very impressive. The music itself was wonderful, but that came as no surprise. :)

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of leaving Williamsburg. It was so nice to be in a city for a little while, and to eat Indian food, and to get drinks at a hotel bar, and not to go into work. I got caught up with news and gossip, I rode the metro, I dressed up a bit which I haven't really done in awhile (except to go to Bella or Wren, but no one I care about sees me there). I got to spend a night at my house, got to see my best friends, and even my lovely kitties. I'm having a bit of trouble with one of my cats though. She's getting very old and has ceased eating with her usual zest. Poor thing.

And soon-- so soon-- I leave for Paris. Tonight I'm packing my bags, tomorrow I'm seeing Harry Potter at Short Pump, and tomorrow night I'm driving to D.C. to prepare for my Thursday flight.

Happy Bastille Day, toute le monde!

2 comments:

  1. Taking the day off from work really is so nice, isn't it? I'm so glad we had Saturday together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was mucho fun. Post more! About Paris!

    ReplyDelete