Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Never-Ending Story

Yesterday morning I woke up at 7:20 and was reading by 7:30. I read until 8:30, stopped for toast and tea (about 20 minutes) then read until 11:30. I then went to Aroma's for lunch, but was at Swem by 1:00, where I printed off an article to read and picked up a book that might be useful for my thesis. By 2:00 I was back home and reading. And reading. And reading. I had a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner around 6:00, then read some more. I took a break to go over to Mike and Zan's apartment for an hour and a half, then got home and continued reading until midnight. I got up at 8:00 this morning and read until 10, then went to Swem to pick up a book and had grilled cheese for lunch. Now I need to read. Sensing a pattern to my life? I am.

I had an average weekend. Some good things happened, like I.T. got newbies and Megan is my 'little-little,' as far as I.T. goes (she got her shake from the person I gave a shake to). Some not so good things happened. Friday night was relaxing, though. I went to Richmond and Mike S. and I went to a hookah bar, which was nice, and the next day we spent the morning at Hollywood Cemetary. Saturday night I got dinner with Mike M., then read, then went to margarita mug night with some grad students.

I just wish everything in my life felt ordered and nice. I feel like I'm struggling at loose ends right now without a clear direction, but I'm certainly working diligently at whatever it is I'm trying to achieve. :-/

3 comments:

  1. A masters degree! That's hardly loose ends. From the sound of your schedule, it's pretty ordered ends in fact. =)

    I know what you mean, though.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the knowing what you mean. But you have friends who love you, which counts for something I think :)

    I use the :) emoticon to differentiate mine from Kay's.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. What does Abigail use? Which one of us does she like better?!

    ps I now have "The Neverending Story" stuck in my head. Except those are the only lyrics of it I know. I may have to go find it to listen to now.

    ReplyDelete