Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happiness is Jumbo Lump Crabcakes

What makes life better after reading about the atrocities committed in Rwanda, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Ghana during the 1990s? What puts a smile on my face after hours of determining whether Maryland's Catholic elite were acting from interest or ideology during the lead-up to the American Revolution?

My boyfriend, arriving at my door in a suit with reservations at an amazing seafood restaurant. I was dressed in leggings, a hoodie, and my Converse, so obviously that had to change-- into my Venetian dress with my Viennese Waltz shoes (the red tapestry ones). I felt beautiful and happy. And I got to try escargot. AND I got Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes. *happy*

The rest of the weekend has passed in a blur of reading... so much reading... interspersed on Saturday with an I.T. show and a few episodes of "How I Met Your Mother." I finally finished everything reading-wise for Hoffman's class this week, though! Now to write the 10-page paper...

1 comment:

  1. And we thought we were busy in undergrad...
    Silly, silly us.
    (This is me ignoring the massive amounts of work I have to finish and email to my boss before going to bed tonight.)

    ReplyDelete