The sun came out today! You have no idea how much this has improved my disposition. The past week has been gloomy and sad, but finally, today, we have the sun again.
I've been in a very odd mood all weekend. It really started on Friday, I suppose. I have been torn by a need to do work and a desire to go out and have fun. I feel so burned out. I'm at my "rebellious teenage phase" of this semester; that is, the phase in which I say "No! I don't want to do this reading and you can't make me!" Of course, I end up doing the readings, but I just haven't been into it at all. And there's so much reading. And a presentation due tomorrow.
This weekend has felt in some sense wasted. I haven't been at all academically productive and nothing has happened with any of my interpersonal relationships either. Friday night I ran the IEW Student Music and Dance Event at the Kimball, and it actually turned out rather well! We had 71 people attend (much better than I anticipated) and I got to hang out with a girl named Bailey who seems really nice and chill. Plus, it went fast once it was underway-- we started at 8:00 and I was out of there by 9:00. After that, I went home and watched some Comedy Central with Stephen and his bio friends until 11:00, when Stephen and I went to the I.T Comedy Sportz Show. They did a fantastic job with everything! It was also really high-tech-- when did I.T. get so nice?
The rest of Friday I just felt restless and... bad. I don't know. Saturday wasn't a whole lot better. I didn't really get any reading done (only about... 50 pages or so) and I just didn't want to do anything. That's a lie-- I wanted to veg out on the couch with movies. Didn't happen. I ended up going out, though, Saturday night for drinks with the grad students and one of Stephen's friends who is visiting. It was a nice time. But I woke up this morning with a sense of dread about all of the reading I need to do today.
But the sun came out! I have a feeling that everything will be alright.
I felt the exact same way today! It was finally not raining, and it made life so much better.
ReplyDeleteAlas, it has not increased my desire to be productive. I just want to nap.