Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ain't No Sunshine.

This has been the most Novemberish of November 1sts. Daylight savings ended, so it got dark earlier tonight than it has been, but even beyond that the weather has been gray and cloudy and rainy and cold. October 31st was warm, and before 2:00 AM clear, but not November 1st. Plus, it's November 1st, which means I should have far more schoolwork done than I do, but life has been acting complicated lately, so I'm trying to sort out life. I can't concentrate on schoolwork. Especially not with rainy, cold, "stay-in-bed-with-a-good-book-not-related-to-academic-history," type weather.

The bright spot in the past few weeks has been hanging out with Kacey again on a more regular basis. We had lunch and dinner together today to commiserate about Halloween and life, which made me happy in between reading periods at Swem. I'm so sick of reading I could cry. How much I do not want schoolwork amazes me. This is worse than senior year. I just want a good solid week off, then maybe I could actually feel like reading again.

Last night was Halloween! Beautiful and brilliant, with so many intricacies! I spent the day reading (of course) and then went to a graduate student party dressed as Belle. I was only there for about two hours, but it was nice. We aren't a crazy group, nor a particularly close one, but I had fun talking to the students who were there. I told one of the guys that I was going to be Sally Bowles at my next party, and he showed me his vinyl album of Cabaret. Honestly, he's the absolute last person I would have thought would have liked that musical... or any musical. I left there around 9:00, grabbed my Sally Bowles costume, then headed over to Megan and Kacey's to get ready for the I.T. party. Kacey dressed as Brett Michaels and CJ and Megan were her ho's. They even made a VIP pass. It was hilarious. We headed over to the I.T. party and I got to see and meet so many people. It was a really fun time. I wish it could always be Saturday night, and most always Halloween. I love Halloween-- everyone dresses up, there are specials on TV, great movies, smiles, parties... and now it's November. What a dreadful month. Suddenly the beauty of autumn begins to turn into the cold gray of winter without anything until the end of the month (Thanksgiving) to even feel slightly cheery. Just Spain class and thesis-ing. Blegh. And sorting out messes that I made myself, and some that just landed on my shoulders for no good reason.

Why is life so complicated all of a sudden?

2 comments:

  1. I was to see photos of your Sally costume. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good Halloween! Thanks again for driving me home. :)

    ReplyDelete