Guh... I just turned in my last paper for Professor Hoffman's class. I have no idea how I did, but after class discussion I'm thinking not so hot. I guess I'll find out next Monday. I feel drained of all energy. Partially that could be due to staying up late last night to finish the paper, and waking up early this morning for no good reason at all. Then again, it could be that I don't think I comprehended the arguments of Gordon Wood and Merrill Jensen very accurately and probably screwed up by saying they generally agreed in their assessment of the Constitution. Or, it could be that I have nearly lost my voice and burned my finger on a tray from the oven just before class, thus forcing me to keep it held in a cup of water the entire discussion.
I could use a drink. LUCKILY, there's a Twilight "Mock-The-Movie" drinking game party going on tonight, so at least that much will make everything all better.
Other than the past few hours, today has generally been good, believe it or not. I met with Professor Lounsbury this morning, and what he had to show me about colonial American theater and David Douglass was fascinating. He really made me feel so excited about my thesis. And looking at the theater construction is amazingly interesting! I'm dying to go see the Georgian Theatre in Richmond (England).
After meeting with him, I ran over to Blair to meet up with Professor Popper, with whom I am going to do an independent study next semester. I'm INCREDIBLY stoked about this. I get to create my own syllabus for an independent readings course on Shakespeare in performance in the Renaissance theater through the Restoration. SO EXCITED! And Professor Popper is fantastic. I really like talking with him, and I think this course will really help me with applications to Shakespearian theaters. And even if not, it will still be great. I just need to talk to people (like perhaps, Callie and Katie?) about good readings to put on my syllabus.
So overall, the day wasn't a total bummer. But guh, Topics in American Revolutionary Era just killed it. Hopefully Twilight, in some sick way, will resuscitate it. :)
Aww. It really stinks when a few bad hours kill an otherwise good day. But just think how close you are to the end of the semester!
ReplyDelete